***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TERMINATOR: March 28th

+8
Ghillie Burger.
Ninja Scott
fuzzybeard
Donknottz
yummytacos
Panzerfaust
reidc
Hunter S.
12 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

TERMINATOR: March 28th - Page 4 Empty Re: TERMINATOR: March 28th

Post by Ninja Scott Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:22 am

I talked to long lost Charlie the other day and he said that he maybe able to make it as well... He is married though so take that for what it's worth... You tend to loose all of your friends to marriage at least for the first few years...
Ninja Scott
Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Only if you stay married
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwolf Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, I for sure will be attending. I will be unemployed after this weekend.
If anyone knows of any open jobs....give me a ring. I have a hobby that costs quite a bit lol. On another note...I have around 6 radios i could bring....
Darkwolf
Darkwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:27 pm

do you have ear pieces for them?
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwolf Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

I have....two earpiece throatmike sets....not sure if i have more earpieces tho. i think they are single pin radios.
Darkwolf
Darkwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:44 pm

If you need to make some money because you don't have six sets of ears, send me a PM as I would be interested in a well priced talkie.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillie Burger. Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Me as well Very Happy I have been looking for something in the market and am to impatient for shipping.
Ghillie Burger.
Ghillie Burger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Ok, I think the easiest team distinction we can do is going to be a hat of either Black or Green. Andrew mentioned that he can get some embroidery done, any details on possible price and time to have it done? I figure if we all start getting our hats together and tried to get them to Andrew by like Wednesday of this week then perhaps they would be done in time for the event?

Now the question that needs to be answered quickly, what to embroider?
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I have no opinion. whatever y'all decide.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Here's my hour of photo shop. I just took if from the banner of our website. Guess we could work on some sort of cheesy slogan or better emblem. I'm happy with Andrew as my symbol. I thought about having little white bb's going across the front of the cap and hitting something, but I couldn't think of anything clever besides "shooting you in the back since 2007".
TERMINATOR: March 28th - Page 4 Bumble11
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Andrew also came up with a cool design. Honestly though I don't think that we will have to to get something established for this event.

I think that we could get a patch or something done up for later events. I would enjoy that much more than a hat, that I probably wouldn't wear anyway.
Ninja Scott
Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Terminator Schedule and ROE:
9:00 - 10:00 Arrival and Unloading

During this period players will park, unload, surrender all primary weapons and ammo to John Connor at the Tech-Com encampment, and prepare for the game.
Waivers
Waivers will be required for game play. They will be available at the receiving area of Terminator and can be filled out any time during the day, but will be required before admittance.
Sign-in
A sign-in sheet will be at the receiving area and will be required for admittance into the game.
10:00 - 10:15 Safety Rules and Game Rules

Safety Rules
1. 400 fps limit on AEG’s & GBB pistols w/.20 gram BB’s (no more than 1.5 joules) & 500 fps on bolt action rifles w/.20 gram BB’s (*no more than 2.3 joules).

* AEGs: Do not shoot if target is closer than 20 feet.
* Pistols: There is no close range restriction on pistols. No face shots. Be considerate of others.
* Sniper Rifles: Spring-powered only. No High capacity/winding mags, 100 foot limit. Please avoid face shots and be considerate of others.

2. Protective eye wear must be worn during the ENTIRE GAME! Because this is a scenario, there is no safe zone and there may be shooting at any time in ANY place. Do not remove your eye protection until you have left the field entirely.
3. Players must be wearing clothing appropriate for the event. Sandals, t-shirts, and flip-flops will not be allowed.
General Game Rules

1. Ammo, weapon, medical, and food depots are located across the playing field. Any player wishing to retrieve any of these items must get to the depot and retrieve a card. A player may retrieve and carry only 1 card at any time! Once the card is retrieved, it may be returned to the Tech-Com encampment and traded for it’s corresponding weapon, food item, medical supply, or measured allotment of ammunition from the player’s original loadout. E.g. a player needing ammunition will move to the ammo depot, retrieve an ammo card, and return to the encampment and trade the card with John Connor for 200 bbs-from the player’s original gear.

* Ammo-return the card and get a predetermined amount of ammunition.
* Weapon-return the card and select a weapon from your loadout.
* Medical-return the card and get five first aid cards to be used on injured teammates.

2. A player who is hit and killed must return to the human encampment, check in with John Connor, and wait a 7 minute respawn penalty.

* This penalty is voided if the player is given first aid and returns with a first aid card.

3. Any player who is carrying a designated medical bag or wearing a medical emblem may act as a medic, if he has supplies. Medics are responsible for getting injured comrades back into the fight!

* When giving first aid to another player, he must simply touch the injured player and give him a first aid card.
* The injured player then returns to the human encampment and shows the card to John Connor.

4. A number of hidden ‘perk’ depots are scattered across the field. A player returning a perk card will be briefed on the effects of his newly acquired ability.
10:15 Tech-Com Shoot-Out

The first event is determining the two leaders of the human resistance.

Everyone with a pistol and holster will be entered into the quick-draw contest; with guns holstered and the chamber empty, eligible players will be facing off one by one at a distance of fifteen paces. Think that’s cool? A high speed camera will be capturing the shoot-offs in slow-motion for post game analysis! The last two standing in the brackets will be considered leaders of the two resistance factions who will be working together to destroy Skynet.
10:45 - 4:00 Gameplay as Briefed by John Connor
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:35 pm

hmmm... sounds like pistols will be a definite plus since the original post said they could be started with.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:41 pm

Lets just hope that it's a warm day.
Ninja Scott
Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 am

I probably need to charge up the cyma i bought from brandon and be sure it shoots!
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:36 pm

I've got directions to the field now, ya'll can PM me if you need them.

also
E.g. a player needing ammunition will move to the ammo depot, retrieve an ammo card, and return to the encampment and trade the card with John Connor for 200 bbs-from the player’s original gear.

* Ammo-return the card and get a predetermined amount of ammunition.

In light of this I'm wondering if lugging the SAW around for base of fire is a good idea, considering our ammo will be dole'd out to us 200 rounds at a time.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:24 pm

anyone with wind up mags will also have about 20 bbs per mag unavailable. Not sure about later parts of the game day though.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:49 pm

I ordered a hi cap for my cyma but it won't arrive on time. anyone have an extra standard mag for a cyma 030 i can borrow or buy?
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Sorry, can't do better than a link to WB on this one.

http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=287
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:44 pm

yeah, i was hoping to avoid buying a mag I probably won't use much. If not though I'll get one this week
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarth Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:47 pm

I am planning on attending this event and am also planning on being at the practice this weekend. For those of you that don’t remember me, I’m one of the hyrum guys that haven’t showed up since the overnighter event.

Anyways I do have a question. I guess we can use a pistol at the beginning right? Well I don’t have a pistol I have as shotgun that I only use as a sidearm; do you think I would be able to use it at the beginning? It shoots under 300fps.
Zarth
Zarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I would bring it and ask. Since it is a springer I doubt they will care if you carry that around instead of a pistol. If they give you a hard time our whole team will back you up.

Reid, just stick next to me. I have an extra clip. If we are in a situation that a quick load is needed I'll toss it over. Who knows, maybe the hicap will get here in time with a bit of luck. I plan on bringing and filling all of my speed loaders because it is a quick way to count out 200 rounds (50 per fill). If you wanted to be even faster, pre-fill some ziplocks.

Saw - I'm guessing that we are going to be doing a lot more quick movement around the field and lugging it around won't be beneficial. My guess is that the additional objectives are going to involve nearly indestructible terminators and heavy guns won't make a difference. Though you could make the argument with them that it does a lot more damage than a Glock and should slow them down more. Though, my argument as a planner would be that there is know way for terminators to distinguish a shot from the saw and one from a regular gun. That being said, I wonder if Scott's Nerf rocket could count as a sabot round. Smile
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm

haha anything that can knock a man on his butt should count as a rocket launcher Very Happy . I'll carry your propane, Scotty!
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:01 pm

If they allow the shotty I'll have mine available as well. first call to someone without a pistol if they're usable.
I've got 6 midcap mags (7 if I find the one I lost at DC-10), 2 hicaps and 10 shells. The midcaps will hold 60 ea. I'm also bringing 3 100 round speed loaders.
Did I see a section that said they would be weighing ammo?
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 am

Hah, no. That would be tedious and time consuming. We will have measuring utensils available and ready to use. Did you know a measuring cup holds roughly 250 bbs?

Posted by Hunter on airsoftica.com
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next