***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Distant Wind 2 6/12/10 9AM-2PM Mantua, Ut

+33
THOR
Titan
ghostman
Scarecrow
Ghost
Brian
dusty
Ginger
Rambi
Commander Will
bishop
LucasLynch_TRC
MadCow
Hunter S.
Cpt_Butter
Helljumper
DeathGoomba o.O
AceVendetta
ultimatefighter
jimtimdim
Sinister
fuzzybeard
KennyO
TopJobAsphalt
yummytacos
Silent Night
Ninja Scott
mayhem
Donknottz
EPICdieHARD
Jerico
Panzerfaust
reidc
37 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Are You Red, Yellow or Blue

Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_lcap53%Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_lcap27%Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 8 ]
Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_lcap20%Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 30

Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Empty Re: Operation Distant Wind 2 6/12/10 9AM-2PM Mantua, Ut

Post by Helljumper Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:33 pm

That's what bullet sponges do best! I only played once with you/Ninja Scott and Panzerfaust at the 85th field i believe it was in Layton down Gentile St./US 89.

Helljumper

http://s2.webstarts.com/helljumperairsoftleauge/

Back to top Go down

Operation Distant Wind 2  6/12/10 9AM-2PM  Mantua, Ut - Page 11 Empty Re: Operation Distant Wind 2 6/12/10 9AM-2PM Mantua, Ut

Post by reidc Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:48 pm

I remember the game Helljumper. I was asking goomba. At his age I need to ensure his parents are clued in.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathGoomba o.O Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:59 pm

yeah 4 other times u dont remember me i have a helmet Smile
there glad to be rid of me for a couple hrs
DeathGoomba o.O
DeathGoomba o.O
CVA

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathGoomba o.O Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 am

ok looks like im not going they dont no who im going to the game with neither do i so they not let me so have fun tomarrow.
DeathGoomba o.O
DeathGoomba o.O
CVA

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 am

Comrades! Forward to victory! For the motherland!!!
AceVendetta
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:08 am

DeathGoomba o.O wrote:ok looks like im not going they dont no who im going to the game with neither do i so they not let me so have fun tomarrow.

I do remember you. I (Reid) will be at the game as the ref. You would have to ride with someone else to get there, but I can make sure you get home.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathGoomba o.O Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:39 am

ok have fun
DeathGoomba o.O
DeathGoomba o.O
CVA

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Again, I would like to thank everyone who attended today. I look forward to seeing your comments!
Great day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by briboy106 Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:09 pm

I loved the game! Great day today, but the second scenario didn't seem to fit in to me... It was a fun scenario, but it didn't seem to fit in place. The respawns and deaths in the other games matched up in my head, but I didn't understand why we had to knife the people after we shot them. It was a really creative and entertaining game type though, for whoever came up with it.
Other than that bit of confusion, great day! Thanks Reid for all the work you put into this. I think we could say we appreciated it.

briboy106

Back to top Go down

Post by DIRTYBILL Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Reidc,
Thanks for the great day. Good job on maintaining control over the safety issues and game play. I loved the knive only kill game but I had a hard time fitting it into the OP. For next year I would set team radio channels and radio mission to reach team so their is more the fog of war effect.
Dirtybill

DIRTYBILL

Back to top Go down

Post by EPICdieHARD Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:28 pm

GREAT day today guys! Some of the funnest airsofting ive done. The Second game, no doubt, was fun. Although the Russians lost, Jordan, Bentley, Jason, Jesse, and myself killed altogether about 15-16 guys, ooh-rah! My favorite round was the first one, Russians did exceptionally GREAT!!! in that one. Job well done Comrades.
EPICdieHARD
EPICdieHARD
CVA

http://www.epicairsofter.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paelio Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:15 pm

hope you guys had fun. Next time i will most likely make because my magazine should be here soon. Hopefully it will be soon too because im etchin to meet all you guys and be part of the CVA community Smile

paelio

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:58 pm

DIRTYBILL wrote:Reidc,
Thanks for the great day. Good job on maintaining control over the safety issues and game play. I loved the knive only kill game but I had a hard time fitting it into the OP. For next year I would set team radio channels and radio mission to reach team so their is more the fog of war effect.
Dirtybill

The story line I had in my head was Scenario 1 the Russians arrive and sneak attack. Scenario 2 is the big battle when both sides have all their forces available and Scenario 3 was the retreat of whoever lost the big battle. I should have done a better job explaining what I had in mind for the story line. Thanks for the insight.
As for Radio Channels, the teams had the ability to do that to start with. I just gave out the channel I would be on so that each team could contact me if needed.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Where are the pictures, Reid!?

Wink
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 pm

I'll have them up by tomorrow. Since all I had was the small digital camera I need to do a little editing.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by paelio Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:37 pm

when do you guys think the next battle is going to be?

paelio

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:39 pm

hehe, cool. Great OP today, Sir! Lots of fun. I also appreciate your patience with me while I was finishing up some gunwork between scenarios, you certainly didn't have to.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter S. Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I'd be completely selfish if I didn't get on here and thank CVA (Reid in particular) for the outstanding event. Considering the foul weather, it's quite an accomplishment to organize such a successful event.

My thoughts on the scenarios:

First scenario: the Russian's staged the attack precisely the way they should have, and it was reflected in the general disarray and confusion among the allied troops. Of course, balancing games with ~70 people (is that right?) can be difficult, so I wasn't surprised that things seemed a bit skewed from the American standpoint; trickling directly into the fight one-by-one really diminished our ability to fight effectively as a team. Consider that the Americans had a 15 minute delay + 1 minute for each person entering the game, and I'll mention that some of the Americans didn't enter the game until 35+ minutes after it started. My only other grievance is that the game didn't last long enough! Once the Americans were in, the game was a blast and we began to make a little bit of headway.

Second scenario: loved it. No complaints here. The gameplay was fast and intense. The only recommendation I'd make would involve a time-based touch...at times I felt like saving injured comrades was a tad on the easy side.

Third scenario: always a winner. Maybe a few more minutes, but that's just because I enjoyed it so much.

I only mention these suggestions at the solicitation of Reid; the games today were a blast and the scenario was strong. I'm extremely glad that NUAC attended and I'm already looking forward to DW3. Thanks CVA, keep it up!

Hunter S.

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Great games today! loved the scenarios!

My thoughts on the games: like hunter said, americans came in a little too slow on the first match, but other than that it was perfect. Me and some of the other guys felt that the second scenario should've been move until you come into direct fire contact, but even for how it happened, I felt that the russians rallied pretty strongly after the first ambush. Very nice troop movement on the allied part though. I really have nothing to add to the third scenario.
AceVendetta
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 am

Here is my personal critique.
There were 67 players who signed in. I failed to correctly anticipate the impact that number of players would have on scenarios. More specifically, how many would be in the narrower part of the field at one time. The solution would have been to swap the HQ and LZ locations. This would have allowed a larger field of maneuver for more of the game. With that in mind...

Scenario 1. Russians did what they should have. They bogged down after taking Rig #4 and didn't really regain a solid momentum. Again, a larger maneuver area would have helped. Allied teams did a good job overall but failed to coordinate the inbound Americans to maximize activating full auto for the Canadians. Overall, well played by by everybody. Scenario resolved about the way I thought it would.

Scenario 2. Allied teams definitely had the better tactics on this one. The opening ambush resulted in 4 immediate KIA and they did a good job maintaining the momentum after that. I had originally planned for the respawn to require that the wounded player be 'dragged' to cover before respawning but decided with the number of players who were pre-registered to keep it a little simpler. Bad call on my part.

Scenario 3. This is where swapping the bases would have payed the most dividends. The bottle neck inherent in that portion of the field prevented maneuver options that were needed by the Allied teams to effectively push the Russians back. Again, the scale of participation was not correctly anticipated.

Overall Impressions. Although language was heard on occasion the level of sportsmanship displayed by everybody was much appreciated by the organizer (me). The biggest issue to arise during the day were violations of the minimum engagement distances. Again, I would recommend that everybody practice your short distance recognition. Trigger control was good overall with isolated problems.

This was my first planned event with anywhere near this level of participation. I want to thank everyone who attended for making this such a fun event for me to run. Thanks also to James for running the sign in and Andrew for being our on site gun medic. I hope y'all enjoyed the day as much as I did.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:37 am

The following is the attendance log by team.

CVA:
jimtimdim
donknottz
acevendetta
topjobasphalt
ghost
titan
Jason Miles
yogi bear
blaze
panzerfaust
epicdiehard

1/9:
sinister
jordan polk
monster
relentless
chickenhawk
ultimate fighter
frodo
thor
phantom
goliath
osiris

Helljumper:
skitts
AK
geist
helljumper
marissa houston

Third Spear:
fish

NUAC:
hunter
hannibal
dirty bill
dirty bill's son (sorry, cant read the call sign)
palmer
aftermath
grifon
brian smith
knightmare
buccaneer

Patriots:
bishop
madcow
ginger

SAS:
turtle
T

345th:
skid

Carbon:
mooner
gabriel
gears

WMA:
commander joe

DUSK:
jan arteago
chris arteago
trace gaskill
commander will

NUAC Spec Ops:
mayhem

NUAC Mercs:
tom-tom
doc
speed of chucky

R&B:
weasel

CV:
lauren watkins
justin watkins

Section 7:
bubble (hope that is right)
paul schmidt

Irish Gaurd:
dread roberts

No team affiliation listed:
dash
kunzler
reardon
michael johnson

All of y'all should give yourselves a pat on the back for making the day as much fun as it was.

Reid
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Bubble!!!!

So many questions answered. It was a really good day, thanks Reid. I would have liked to play on the other half of the field. The scenarios were good and I thought the only addition I would have made was to have a time delay on healing for the second scenario as some have mentioned. I'm also not sure where the Canadians started off but perhaps if they were right at Rig 1 then they could have concentrated their forces there. Or maybe they just spread themselves out too much, along with some kick butt Russian rushing. Forcing the Russians to take the Rigs in order would be a good addition to the scenario, though we did that anyway.

I'll make a comment on some of the player related problems the day brought at another time.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Relentless Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Reidc that was a blastiblast. Loved it, the rain and weather made it even more fun so Im glad it didn't get delayed any longer. My personal critiques would have been to give the last senario an hour instead of 15 mins. My reasoning would be to get more of a back and forth from both sides going. I think the two sides would have had a better land tug of war if we had more time to execute. No complaints here for conduct. Its a high adreanalin sport we play and Im all about letting things bounce off the shoulders so Im cool with everybody. I cant wait for the next continuation in the reidc series. See yall on the field! Walk on....
Relentless
Relentless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11