***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenging Other Teams

+6
TopJobAsphalt
reidc
EPICdieHARD
Panzerfaust
Ninja Scott
Donknottz
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Challenging Other Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: Challenging Other Teams

Post by AceVendetta Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

EPICdieHARD wrote:
Donknottz wrote: One of the ideas that I thought about was to have a secondary game going on in a separate section of whatever field is being played on. As people get out they can join that game. This would help people be more willing to call their shots because they aren't just going to sit out when they are hit.

That is a GENIUS idea, i love it. that would way fun to try sometime.

Its what we did in paintball, and it worked rather well. People are a lot happier playing then being out for 15+ minutes.
AceVendetta
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Butter Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 am

personally, I like the idea of playing against other teams. I've got some friends who play with NUAC, and I'd love to take a shot at them, and I'm sure they'd love to return the favor. I understand the problems though, and since I haven't been doing this long, I can't really make a good suggestion on how to resolve the rules issue.
Cpt_Butter
Cpt_Butter
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJobAsphalt Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 am

wow, that is an excellent idea. You are also right, peer pressure goes along way, and it only takes a few members of each team to be good examples and most of the rest will follow. I had one person ask me monday if they should ignore a hit and I told them no. I doubt they will ask again, they will just go out. People feel good when they obey the rules.

By the way, it just occured to me, what in your def is a "big" game? I didnt think most of the games monday where to long, and they seemed pretty "big" to me. Anything over 18-20 people is good sized to me.
TopJobAsphalt
TopJobAsphalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 am

We had a really big group monday. Our games here usually run about 10-16 or so. The OPs are something to get excited for, people come out of the woodwork for a good scenario storyline.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 pm

wait for t-2 where we might have 100-200 people, talk about chaos
mayhem
mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by EPICdieHARD Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 pm

t-2? whats that?
EPICdieHARD
EPICdieHARD
CVA

http://www.epicairsofter.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm

terminator 2
mayhem
mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpt_Butter Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:38 pm

i've heard about that, sounds like fun. i'm hoping to be able to go
Cpt_Butter
Cpt_Butter
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJobAsphalt Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 pm

when is T-2 and where is it?
TopJobAsphalt
TopJobAsphalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:14 am

TopJobAsphalt wrote:when is T-2 and where is it?

TBD by NUAC
Ninja Scott
Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:44 am

Should have word out next week. Will take place in March.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 am

I thought it would be good for both teams to have been on the Mantua field and playing together first. Plus it will give time for teams to play on their own and get back into fighting shape. Details are in the events section. Lets start nailing down some specifics that we want in place for the event and any possible future events. The nice thing is we don't have to get it all right the first time, but it sure would be nice.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:54 pm

What games work the best with a large team vs team event? I like the last one I came up with. Mostly because I envision carnage spread throughout the field.

Team Elimination - If you are really wanting to make a competition of it then a classic team elimination makes sense. I would put a time limit on the game and whichever team has the most players at the end wins. This means that you have to have the same number of players on the field of course, but that should be true for all of the games.

Multiple Capture Points - Your team can only respawn from flags that you have captured with one uncapturable spot. Whichever team has the most flags when the time runs out wins. Something like a 45 minute game. Depending on how many people are actually on each team will determine the time it takes to respawn. This one will take more skilled players because there are often conflicts that arise in the process of capturing a flag. Also, it means that individuals are responsible for their own respawn.

Capture the Flag - This game can be a lot of fun. It can also drag on forever. The difficulty I often see with this game is how to have people respawn. Do they do it at the flag where possibly most of the fighting is going on? Is there a spot off to the side? The one thing I have found that helps with CTF is long respawn times. 4-5 minutes has been fairly good when we have played on a much smaller field. Finding the perfect balance for the number of players and size of the field is the hardest part of CTF. Plus there's always the element of campers who do nothing but sit in the same spot for 45 minutes.

Team VIP's - A variation of an elimination game, team VIP's allows for people to respawn. The ultimate goal is to eliminate the VIP of another team. Once their VIP is hit the game is over. The way the respawning could work is that each team will also have 2-3 medics. Each medic can heal 5 people taking 15 seconds of contact to do so. After they have used up their 5 heals they are just as another soldier. If they are hit they can be healed by another medic, but they don't get their 5 heals back (if they had only used 2 heals when they were hit they do still have 3 left). The only way for them to get their 5 heals is if they get to their VIP. Every player when hit must immediately drop to the ground and put their hands above their heads. They cannot move, be moved, or do anything but call for a medic. The VIP can heal players, it just takes 60 seconds instead. It also takes 60 seconds for them to restore the 5 heals of their medics. They cannot move during this process or they have to start the time over. Hit players must have their hands above their heads at all time, no live player can put their hands above their heads to fake out the other team.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:46 pm

*Timed team elimination- this will likely cause people to just camp. plus if you are the first person hit you have to sit out the rest of the game.

*Multiple Capture Points - Instant re-spawns helps keep people from shaving time. besides the run back to the re-spawn point and back into action is usually a few min. Just make it so if you die within 150 feet of a RSP you have to go to a different one.

*Capture the Flag - it wouldn't make sense to have people re-spawn at the flag. the final push would have everyone bottle necked up and it would turn into a crazy fire fight. instead make the RSP 20 yards behind the flag.

*Team VIP - I'm a fan of KISS - not the band, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID throwing medics into the mix has only caused trouble in the past. CVA may be more accustom to medics but speaking from a NUAC prospective; we should probably avoid medics for our first encounter. I like the VIP, but i suggest the VIP has to wear an orange vest, otherwise both teams will just stick their's in a gillie suit and have them take a nap.
Sinister
Sinister
The Walking Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJobAsphalt Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Let me see if I understand correctly. In the VIP game the VIP can heal an unlimited number of people and restore medic abilities unlimited numbers of times? Interesting, I like it.

Sinister, in your suggested variation can the VIP still heal, or are medics completely replaced by respawn zones, or a one-hit-your-out. I really like your idea of the orange vest.

I vote the VIP game. That sounds like the most fun, and will be easier for those of us who have never played on the mantua field.
TopJobAsphalt
TopJobAsphalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 pm

I think in our first NUAC vs CVA game we should keep things simple and just stick with re-spawns over complex medic and healing rules. They would be ok to add later, or even play a game like that after we did the main VS battle.
(CVA and NUAC teams would be mixed for these later games played on the My 8th date)
Sinister
Sinister
The Walking Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by EPICdieHARD Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:25 pm

i agree, keep it simple and later in the day bring in the complicated stuff
EPICdieHARD
EPICdieHARD
CVA

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm

To everyone chiming in here. Let's not overcomplicate this. Decide on the rule set and choose some game types. Quite a few players have already played with and against both teams. Let's just set it up and play.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood what everyone wants to do for this type of event. I thought people wanted to do an event where we pitted the teams against each other to find how well one team could perform compared to another. It's sounding like you want to have more of a regular game, but the teams are just divided by the two different groups.

If you are wanting to have just a joint game day then one group or the other should be in charge and organize the various games. The reason I have been talking about restrictions and setting up more particulars is because I looked at this as more of a competition type of event. We don't need judges, team size limits, or really any of those other items if it is just a regular game.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Personally, I'd have more fun in a relaxed atmosphere like a regular game day with maybe a couple rounds of team on team, than an ultimate battle for dominion over the greater northern UT region.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm really thinking that the competition part would only take up maybe 3 games of the day. The majority of the day would be our regular type of games. Plus, I really think the best way to keep this a fun day is to have a second game going almost continually off in a separate section of the field. That way we can do the competition part and everyone can keep playing the whole time.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJobAsphalt Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 am

Im good with whatever. I just have one request. i know when you get this many people together there's not much you can do to speed things up, but I would like to request that people at least TRY to show up as ready to go as possible, and on time! Mondays game was ok, but saturdays NUAC zombie game was rediculous. Start time was scheduled for 9 at the field, and I think we started around 10. And the gap between games could get shorter too. I personnaly reload in the field, so I could go straight from one game to the next almost, which means 5-10 min should be more than enough! ok, Im done ranting. Sorry.
TopJobAsphalt
TopJobAsphalt

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:01 am

Sound like it needs some CVA refinement.
Very Happy
AceVendetta
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by EPICdieHARD Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

i agree with TopJob, LESS TIME IN BETWEEN GAMES. Not that everyone takes forever, but i think that after one game, we should reload quickly, if we have to, and then put together a game and get playing! nuff said
EPICdieHARD
EPICdieHARD
CVA

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 am

So getting back to the compromises that need to be figured out before we can actually play together. . .

Sinister gave the following suggestion:
500+ FPS --- 100 feet -- RED (single shot only)
450 FPS ---- 75 feet --- Yellow (single shot only)
400 FPS ---- 30 feet --- Blue (full auto allowed)
300 FPS ---- 20 feet --- Green (full auto allowed)
< 300 FPS -- 5 feet --- No color needed ( no full auto under 20 feet)
* --- < 5 feet --- Knife or surrender (anyone shooting within 5 feet will have a 5 min penalty, 2 such penalties will result in ejection for the day)

I'm personally not interested in an honor system for hot guns. Honor systems are great until someone makes a mistake. I feel more comfortable when most players on the field are 350-400 if they make a mistake. Also when talking about keeping things simple should I really be looking at peoples weapons to see if they are only permitted to shoot semi and if I can get closer by 45 ft because I am shooting slower? My instinct is if people are shooting full auto I'm going to shoot full auto especially if they fired first. I did that just this last game when someone walked forward on my position holding down their trigger as they got closer and closer. I turned and shot back and realized that the player was too close after I shot. It was bad of me to do so, but I kind of feel that if one person is shooting why shouldn't I? If I am getting shot it only makes sense that I must be out of range from the other person. I don't fault the player because he mentioned to me that afterward he was going by his teams normal rules. Plus I didn't get hurt so there isn't a problem. Again I also should have been more careful and sited my target before shooting.

Can it really work for us to merge two different team rules just for one day. Most of the rules need to be habit and become second nature. So if we are going to have frequent games then it makes sense for us to work harder for our rules to become more uniform all the time.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next