***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua

+14
ericwsarge
Paladin
jimtimdim
matt
mayhem
z3ro
Blaze
pvt. Ryan
Ninja Scott
Airsoft'LJL
Joker
reidc
Panzerfaust
Donknottz
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Empty Re: Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua

Post by z3ro Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Wheres Mantua?
Are we going to have a meet up point?
z3ro
z3ro

http://www.flcairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Empty Re: Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua

Post by reidc Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Meet point for southern folks will be at the Brigham City Wal-Mart. Exit 366 on I-15, turn east to first light. Wal-Mart is on south side of road.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by z3ro Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 pm

southern? Its way the hell up norht! O_o

Time to save up for gas money Neutral
z3ro
z3ro

http://www.flcairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:57 pm

No one wants to be part of a military coup? Honuras is needing to be filled. I am not going to be putting anymore into Alpha until I have filled a few more Bravo. Once some people actually volunteer for this position or don't care, Z3ro will be first in line for Alpha.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:28 am

Bravo should be pretty easy to fill. Something like half of everyone I've seen attending games wears woodland.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:00 am

I realized this morning that I forgot one of the best parts about being on Bravo, you have the option to capture enemy players. Venezuelans can't because they would much rather just kill you and have you out of the way and they have no where to put you. Here is how it works.

When hit, players (Non-Bravo) must yell "hit" as usual and then drop to the ground where they were hit. Players cannot move unless they are die in a spot that is unsuitable to sit down in (like broken glass, in which case they can find a better spot which is closer to the enemy), are in danger of great pain, or someone helps them move by touching their clothing and "carrying" them away. Players who have been shot once are not to be shot at again unless someone is helping them move (see medic rules). Players should indicate that they have been hit with their hands above their head or holding up a bright cloth. In this position players cannot say anything other than Medic. Players should not point or otherwise indicate where opposing forces are. If it is unsafe for a medic to come to your aid, don't say medic. You must remain in this position for at least 60 seconds. You can wait longer if you choose to, it is much fast for a medic than to respawn as a Venezuelan.

Prisoners of War
During the 60 seconds after being hit Bravo players can "capture" you by touching your clothes and "carrying" you away. If they decide to have their medic heal you they no longer have to carry you but can put you in a guarded position. So long as they have a rifle pointed at you (legs preferred to avoid accidents) you are under their control. You must obey their commands to move wherever they ask. If they capture you they can search you for extra weapons at some point, this is done very easily without contact. The one doing the searching asks, "Is there anything in that pouch" and points. The response must be truthful, we aren't going to have people patting people down. If there is a weapon in the pouch the player will say yes and it can no longer be used by the player until a situation arises where he can get another weapon (such as returning to his team base or coming across a dead player who obviously doesn't need it anymore).

This is going to be the time when I hope people will have a bit more fun playing up their characters. You are a captured mercenary, you should act like one. You don't want to be killed so you are going to do what they say. Perhaps you will give some sort of fake name, rank, and serial number so as to appear as a proper military officer and be protected under the Geneva Code. You've thought about yelling out where your position is so your team can rescue you, but then again they might kill you for doing that. NOT, "oh dang you got me. Are you sure I didn't get one of you guys. Make sure you are calling your shots 'cause I never get hit normally. Your gun sure looks purty."
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:57 am

What happens if all the mercs are captured?
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:05 pm

I would have to say that I will be going with the charlie team for personal gain in this conflict- where do i go to see the details for the charlie team?
mayhem
mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:45 pm

there's a team section below events. James will have to add you to Charlie before you can access it.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by matt Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 pm

i am on bravo dose any one elce want to join me Shocked
matt
matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:25 pm

I suppose it is possible for all of Alpha to be captured. During the event there will be three different phases. Each team will have different objectives for the phases, but I am not going to post those specifics here. Part of the fun is that you don't know exactly what the others are trying to do. Perhaps a decision to play it safe doing one thing will count for a victory for another team.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:10 am

Charlie is officially closed for any new players until we reach a higher level of attendance. Anyone who hasn't specified a desired team has been placed. Z3ro you have been placed with Alpha. Hopefully we will still hear from a few more attendees, but now that I have a better idea of the attendance size I can fine tune the respawn times and medic rules to get the closest balance possible. I shall be posting general medic rules here and team specific respawn information and other details in the team section. If anyone isn't a member of our forum I will send out an email or PM to give them the details they need. If I miss you or haven't give you access to your team section, let me know.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Medic Rules
Medics will be given a certain number of bandages that they can use. It takes 15 seconds to heal a player (touch them for that long). Injured players can be moved by simply holding onto part of their clothing and "carrying" them to a new location. Any player can move another player. Injured can not be healed while moving. If a medic is hit while healing the player they both stop and drop to the ground. Injured players who are hit while being moved or healed are now considered dead and need to respawn according to their team rules.
Medics can be healed by another medic just as a regular person would be. When a Medic respawns however, they must wait an additional 30 seconds for every used bandage they wish to gain back. Example: If I started with 3 bandages and I healed two people, got shot, was healed, got shot again and killed while being moved, went to my respawn and waited the appropriate time plus 30 seconds . . . I have 2 bandages I can use. If I am in no hurry to respawn I can wait 30 more seconds and have 3 bandages again, or if I am needed in the fight I don't have to wait any extra time and head out with just 2 bandages.

Team specific respawn details have been posted in the team sections.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 pm

I just had an idea come to me that I thought would be good to clarify. Lets say that you and your buddy are captured and then escape. You get shot later on as you are sneaking around the field, enemy forces are closing in on you. Lucky for you your buddy is a medic and he still had one unused bandage. He can still use it and the two of you can run away instead of him having to "carry" you away.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Ammunition Restrictions
Everyone needs to follow some different ammo restrictions than you may be used to. I am not asking for realistic ammo limits, just more reasonable. Most of the guns we use couldn't hold a tenth of the ammount our magazines allow. Since we are playing a scenario that is supposed to be more realistic there are going to be some limits. This provides the opportunity for the other team to move while you are reloading and we don't get locked into a long distance spray fests. If a zombie suddenly appears on the field you have my permission to load up as many bbs as you can find and blast the thing, and you may just get the chance after the main portion of our scenario.

Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Aeg10Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Drum_m11Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Dual_c12AEG Rifle
- Regular magazines are limited to 50 rounds per clip. If you have a drum or larger type of specialty clip you can increase your capacity to 75.
Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Pistol10Pistols - Standard mags can be filled to 20 (For G18C's that is 9 less than capacity). Larger 100 capacity mags are reduced to 40 shots.
Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Saw10Heavy AEGs - 1000 rounds. Teams will be limited to one player filling such a role.
Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Sniper10Snipers - 10 Shots. Make sure you check out the section on snipers in our rules. I get angry when people mess this one up and I have the scar to prove it.
Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Flame10Flamethrower - 1 backpack tank of gas. (Disclaimer - CVA does not encourage the use of flames in our events for the safety of its participants and the environment)
Here a coup, there a coup, everywhere a coup coup - July 25th - Mantua - Page 2 Speedl10Speed Loader - A standard BB loader will hold 100 bbs. So if you are refilling a hi-cap mag that is completely empty, pour in about half. If you have the specialty drum or dual clips, pour in 3/4. Just estimate.

You can carry as much ammo with you as you want. It just can't be used in portions larger than specified. Of course, probably no one will know if you don't follow these rules, but the whole game of airsoft is about honesty anyway. It's just a different game type for the day, there will be plenty of time later on for you to fill your mags to capacity.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 pm

works for me.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Hooray for having tons of standard mags!
Ninja Scott
Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 pm

yeah, I've got 6 65 round mags that actually only hold about 57.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 am

James, saw this on airsoftica...

Logan Faction said:

OK, I have posted the team specific respawn rules and misison details. Whenever I try to click to PM them I get sent to a picture of the icon and nothing else happens. If someone wants to tell me what I am doing wrong that would be great. Otherwise you can always make a quick account with our forum and then I can give you access to the team section where the discussions about the event are taking place.

Hey Logan Faction, I tried to register on CVA's site for details two days ago, and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email to activate. Do I need to be able to get on there to find out details about this game? Thanks in advance…
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:17 pm

james, go ahead and set ron up for alpha.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:18 pm

DT VYPER said:
I think then that I will wait, and if the situation doesn't change to where I can be charlie, then I will be Bravo Smile Sounds fun. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm bringing a buddy.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Ron has been added to Alpha. You better not just be logging on as him to sabotage Alpha. I'll be able to tell because if he actually posts I'll know it is you since he never gets on. Vyper, I will wait to assign you to a team, but there really will have to be a substantial growth in numbers before I open up Charlie to more people. Their objectives are such that they are basically outnumbered.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I promise, Ron really is coming. He only has ACUs so the natural team is Alpha, I'll inform him.
reidc
reidc
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimtimdim Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:20 pm

85% chance I'll be there...getting the work schedule rearranged this week. Twisted Evil
jimtimdim
jimtimdim

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:16 am

Knives
There have been a lot of questions about knives, especially as it relates to being captured and the use of a knife that wasn't found in the search process. If you have a rubber knife and you want to get a knife kill for personal glory and bragging rights, that's fine. You can bring them and try to add a notch on your belt. If you are captured though, your knife is automatically taken out of play. You can't use it until you completely respawn back and your main respawn zone. For most of you that means completely dieing.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why I have decided on this. Many have given some good reasons why knives should be allowed and I think the ideas they had sounded like a lot of fun. It hasn't been easy for me to come to a decision on this. The main reason I don't want them used in capture situations is for balance. The way the scenario is designed, knives add too much of an imbalance to everything. If they were in play I would have to limit them extremely to the point that it wasn't worth them anyway. Plus invariably someone would think of some loophole during the game. Bravo team is going to have to work really hard to capture people anyway, so it would be unfair with all they have to do in the first place to allow their prisoners an easy kill on them. So if you have gripes about realism or anything else feel free to pm me or post it in your team sections. I'd say more about how this does make it balanced but I don't want to give away some of the team rules and special perks.
Donknottz
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next