***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MB03 Upgrading

2 posters

Go down

MB03 Upgrading Empty MB03 Upgrading

Post by Ghost Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Hey Panzer, thought you might want to start a thread to follow our upgrades and stuff. I'm going to see if I can get some pics loaded tomorrow.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

MB03 Upgrading Empty Re: MB03 Upgrading

Post by Panzerfaust Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Why yes, the thought had crossed my mind Very Happy

Chrono'ed my rifle today, 2.29joules unmodified out of the box. That's 445fps with .25's and 496fps with .20. That's 50fps over what airsplat had advertised. Time to start learning what 100ft looks like.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 pm

This process uses a power drill as an improvised lathe to smooth the air channel in the MB03's cylinder head improving airflow.

The cylinder head before:
MB03 Upgrading Airflow1

I got the best results by using a stone tip in a dremel tool in combination with running the powerdrill while the cylinderhead is mounted in it. I smoothed down the angles and opened up the channel a bit.

Progress:
MB03 Upgrading Airflow2

After I'd removed all the material I needed to, I used fine grit sand paper rolled into a tube to smooth the entire surface. After I'd sanded it down, I put a polishing brush on the dremel and hit it with some wax. Next a buffing bit was used to further polish the surface, after which I was able to simple wipe it all clean.

The Result:
MB03 Upgrading Airflow3

Allegedly you're supposed to see an increase by as much as 15 fps from this mod alone, although mine dropped from 500fps with .20's to about 470fps, probably just from opening up the gun and messing around. Anyway it's still over the 450fps that it was advertised as having on airsplat, so I'm hardly disappointed with it.

Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Smoothing the cylinder head is a pretty slick idea. Think you could pull it off with a damper cylinder head without ruining the gasket?

I clocked my gun at weapon blender the other day and it was averaging about 435. I threw in the new spring and it upped my range by about fifty feet but I haven't clocked it again yet. Pull isn't too bad and with a lot of tweaking I did finally manage to get the right veer to go away.

I realized the other day that the threads on my outer barrel are stripped. Crazy discouraging considering a new outer barrel will cost more than the gun. I think I may end up just buying a bone-yard MB03 from Airsplat and using the whole thing for parts.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:32 pm

I think you have to remove that first screw holding the rail on, pretty sure it's pushing against the outter barrel. Could be what's stripping the threads.

Damper cylinderhead shouldn't be difficult to mod the same way, just gotta be a little more careful with that padding is all.
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:11 pm

I have still not been able to get a hold of edgi for my barrel. If I ever do get it would it be ok if I were to just have jordan bring it to you to install?
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Oh, also do you think you could help me learn how to post pictures? Laughing
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:01 pm

gotta host'em online, mang. try www.photobucket.com Once you've got them uploaded you can the img tagged urls to put them up Very Happy
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:gotta host'em online, mang. try www.photobucket.com Once you've got them uploaded you can the img tagged urls to put them up Very Happy

I was having a hard time with photobucket letting me on and all so I got a FlickR account. Should work the same. I just don't understand what to do after i have them uploaded.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 am

If you right click on the photo, go down to properties you should see a url for the picture ending in .jpg . Copy the whole address, come back here and paste it between the [ img ] [ /img ] tags without any spaces
Panzerfaust
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

MB03 Upgrading Empty Pictures!!!

Post by Ghost Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Here is My shiny new MB03

MB03 Upgrading 4

MB03 Upgrading 3

Here is the cylinder head i bored out and polished.

MB03 Upgrading 6

Here is the spring guide I bought for it

MB03 Upgrading 5

Here is the Sear set

MB03 Upgrading 2

Here is the piston

MB03 Upgrading 1
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content