***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Age limitations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Age limitations

Post by reidc on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I agree with Panzerfuast. Every time someone has taken the initiative to involve someone in a position of authority the result has been a negative for us. If you want to do that in a different way invite the officers to join us for a game. That involves them on a level we can all live with.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

As for the age question, which is where this started, I would be willing to collect those. The primary purpose of the waiver is to ensure everyone (parents) knows what the risks are.

For the younger players who have been attending games, relax. We have met and/or played with your parents. I will stand as sponsor (if that is the route we go) for y'all. Most of you have impressed me with your maturity.

I also think that the minimum age for participation needs to be 14. 12 and 13 is just too young for them not to have a responsible adult present. If any of our current players are 13 we will consider a 'grandfather' for you.

For new players, I agree with what James mentioned. If parents aren't interested enough in what their kids are doing to walk around and see an entire game take place, well, sorry. I am not interested in having that person on the field.

The main reason I broached this subject is because so many of the new members on the boards are young people. If we don't address this now we will just eventually have problems.

For the other safety concerns brought up, I like the graduated safety equipment idea. It helps ensure our younger players aren't horribly disfigured by a freak airsoft accident, and allows people, as they get older, to determine their own fate.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent Night on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

i agree with reid as much as i like to see the young ones out there playing the safety issuse is whats always gonna be the issue we have enough heat from the "non-airsofting" community to have a headline that a young person was playing and got hurt could potently ruin it for the rest of us.
Silent Night

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 pm

http://cvairsoft.com/docs/cva_waiver.pdf

A link was also added to the safety page on the website.... http://cvairsoft.com/safety.php

Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

View user profile http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 pm

You are the man, Mr Ninja Dude

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

EPICdieHARD wrote:Speaking from my point of view, 14 years old, i dont think that our parents should have to accompany us to the game every time. That could have the potential to "ruin" the airsofting game for some because they couldn't attend cause their parent wouldn't come. My mom has witnessed a ton of my airsoft matches and my dad has come down and played in one of the NUAC games with me. I don't know about other kids, but my parents KNOW all of the risks when it comes to airsofting. i do think that it might be a good idea maybe the first time someone new comes in, for their parent to come, meet with an officer and just watch a tiny bit. My mom came to the first NUAC match i went to and met with Reid. Just my opinion.

I don't think it'd be every time, just once so they can get a feel for the hobby and the players.
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm

AceVendetta wrote:
EPICdieHARD wrote:Speaking from my point of view, 14 years old, i dont think that our parents should have to accompany us to the game every time. That could have the potential to "ruin" the airsofting game for some because they couldn't attend cause their parent wouldn't come. My mom has witnessed a ton of my airsoft matches and my dad has come down and played in one of the NUAC games with me. I don't know about other kids, but my parents KNOW all of the risks when it comes to airsofting. i do think that it might be a good idea maybe the first time someone new comes in, for their parent to come, meet with an officer and just watch a tiny bit. My mom came to the first NUAC match i went to and met with Reid. Just my opinion.

I don't think it'd be every time, just once so they can get a feel for the hobby and the players.

Ace is right. Your parents are in the category of what I, personally, would like to see. I also value the opinions of the younger players since y'all will have a perspective I forgot many, many, many, many years ago.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Just another piece of the puzzle to throw out there. If a parent purchases (or allows) an airsoft gun for their child then they have taken on some sort of responsibility for the gun. If a parent is dumb enough to give an irresponsible child a bb gun and they shoot out the neighbors window they are going to suffer for that bad decision. If parents don't want their children to do anything but shoot cans in the backyard with their rifles then they shouldn't drop them off at games.

Is the question about whether we should let younger players attend our events or if we want to let them participate? By allowing their children to own a gun and allowing them to come to events parents have given their permission to participate in our potentially hazardous sport. Whether or not they know what they are getting into is something that has been brought up. Are we putting these restrictions because parents aren't able to govern for themselves?
Donknottz
CVA Officer

View user profile http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsoft'LJL on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:06 pm

I agree with age limits but, I am 13. Do I need to bring my parents. I've played before with you guys like about 5 games I guess. and I have palyed before I discovered this place. Yes we did play in our backyards but they were fairly large and asked neighbors to use there yards. we did hit rule and all the stuff and were just like you guys minus the nade launchers and all the fancy gear. My parents are fine with airsoft. I just want to find out if I can still play. I have a 16 yr old friend that comes with me also. I just want to know whats going to happen of this age limintation.
Airsoft'LJL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm

I think part of the concern is the fancy grenade launchers and beefed up guns. Most of the weapons we play with and especially in some of the other groups with higher fps limits those weapons can cause more damage than the standard guns your parents may be used to. Plus running around in nature provide more hazards than your neighbors swing set.
Donknottz
CVA Officer

View user profile http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airsoft'LJL on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:37 pm

well, no. We have 395 fps Aegs and camies and all that stuff and our neighbors own like a deep forest and its like a whole city block with forest, its awesome. I like it more than most places I've gone to with cva. Except the Cqc. I just want to know if I could still go. I was shot in the back with a beefed up 440 fps aeg from a dude from NUAC. it was the one in mantua a while back.
Airsoft'LJL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Yea those guys have some really hot guns.

On a side note. Grenade launches really do not hurt. There is not a lot of FPS coming out of them.

Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by yummytacos on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Ninja Scott wrote:Yea those guys have some really hot guns.

On a side note. Grenade launches really do not hurt. There is not a lot of FPS coming out of them.

yeah i shoot my friends (and get shot by them) in my basement from less then 15 feet away with mine and it barely feels like a pinch at most.
yummytacos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TopJobAsphalt on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Getting back to Donknottz' excellent question: "Are we putting these restrictions because parents aren't able to govern for themselves?"

There are risks associated with everything we do in life, and it is up to each individual of legal age to decide what risks they will accept and which they will not subject themselves to. Juveniles parents are responsible for making those choices for their children, until they come of age. We should never try to usurp these responsibilities from parents. The big question for us is how much legal risk/liability are we willing to assume?

Having said that, just because you are not legally liable for an accident doesn't mean that you are not morally responsible. However, accidents do happen, and it is possible to go to far in trying to force safety down everyones throats. Safety has probably been the number one historical excuss for taking peoples rights away.

In summery, let's let parents parent, protect ourselves legally, and try to avoid serious bodily injury and death. Other than that, lets have fun!
TopJobAsphalt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hard trigger1021 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:14 pm

i think their should be two groups of players over 21 and under 21 that way you are playing with kids your own age

hard trigger1021

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am

Other than necro posting I disagree. If you are going to participate in a sport you need to learn how to conduct yourself properly.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:01 am

As a younger guy your game will be increased by playing with older people that have more experience. If you want to limit yourself then, knock yourself out.

Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 pm

My little brother "Titan" is thirteen, granted he acts his age which is not always the best but because he's always played with the team I'd take him as a wing man as soon as any other.
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilco on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Ghost i sent you a pm, you get it?
Wilco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:46 am

Yep. I'm pen pushing and working on starting a Snow College Airsoft Club so I'm not on very often.
Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top