***** Moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/ *****
This forum has moved to http://cvairsoft.com/forum/

Join us there!

Distant Wind 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Distant Wind 2

Post by reidc on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I am beginning planning for Distant Wind 2. Any suggestions for changes to the original?
I am thinking that the semi auto rule will go away except for specific times. Ex. Canucks will have to use semi auto until joined by an American ( this simulates an improved supply situation).
Give me your thoughts... I will plan on next spring in mantua for this one. We'll have flags and everything!!!!!

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Distant Wind 2

Post by Donknottz on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 am

If we can get the numbers, I would suggest having a couple referees on some of the more complicated scenarios. They can signal when supply lines have been cut off. I'd volunteer to be one.
Donknottz
CVA Officer

View user profile http://www.cachevalleysimulator.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:32 am

Maybe the Canadians can actually carry limited ammo with them. Take a magazine or two, leave the rest of their gear back at their respawn, and encourage semi-auto until the Americans link up with them. That way they can lay down some effective fire if they need to, when the Mighty Russian horde comes barreling down upon them!

Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am

what type of numbers are we talking about
mayhem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 pm

mayhem wrote:what type of numbers are we talking about

LOTS!

Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

View user profile http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Donknottz wrote:If we can get the numbers, I would suggest having a couple referees on some of the more complicated scenarios. They can signal when supply lines have been cut off. I'd volunteer to be one.

I was thinking of scrapping this rule since we are likely to have multiple units per team, all in differing supply situations. I'm afraid that the number of umpires required would be excessive.
Maybe replace this rule with one based on specific rig #s.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:54 pm

For the Canucks, I'm thinking that they are semi auto only until joined by an American. Americans will feed in on a timed basis like they did originally. The first part of scenario will lengthen to 45 minutes or so. If the russians can't do it in 45 minutes they won't be able to do it at all. I'm extending the time frame for two reasons, 1) I think with NUAC involved we'll have quite a few more players and 2) The last americans in need time to play.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Y'all don't get too hyped, too soon. This will have to wait until the snow is gone.
I'm planning on just after the terminator event if that happens this year. If not then probably late March. Just depends on how fast things end up melting.
I'm starting early so that there is time to plan and get together the gear in advance. So far I need a roll of blue duct tape.
Andrew, can we use the flags for this when it rolls around? Do you still have the flag y'all made?I have engineers tape already.
We'll also need flags for the Canadians and Americans.
I'd like to set this up as a CVA hosted scenario if a couple of y'all don't mind helping with umpires and prep work.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 am

The flags will be at your disposal!

Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninja Scott on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:24 am

I'll help with whatever...

Ninja Scott
CVA Officer

View user profile http://ninjascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 am

Cool. I'll be running the scenarios by y'all for input in advance as well.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:31 pm

This is what I am thinking for the Medic rules for Scenario #1. What do Ya think?

Russians: 1 medic with 5 bandages.
Must use bandages for first 5 casualties. 60 seconds to wrap bandage. (1 minute to touch player)
May heal self with one bandage.
Medic is regular trooper after all bandages used.
After medic is gone 90 second re-spawn at last captured rig or base.

Canadian: No medic. 45 second re-spawn at last captured rig or base.

American:1 medic with 8 bandages.
Same rules as Russian medic.

What do y'all think? Too much? Not enough?

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:45 pm

I would either decrease the amount of time it takes for them to heal or increase the amount of time it takes to respawn. Unless the rigs are really far apart it is going to be easier and faster to just head back to the rig. Most of the time I see cowardly medics who take too long to get to the injured.

Might I suggest a bit of both. Maybe 20 full seconds to heal (not how fast can you count to 20) with a 2 minute respawn. I would also increase the Canadian respawn to maybe a minute. Short respawns can be problematic if you remember the summer game up DC-10 where our team had one last flag and were intermittently respawning and the opposing team could never take it. The difference being that the Canadians are out numbered so their short time might work.
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 pm

I can see decreasing heal time for the medic to 30 seconds, possibly. As far as just heading back, the medic MUST use all bandages before the regular re-spawn takes effect.
Part of this is predicated on the fact that the Canucks will be outnumbered about 2 to 1 for the beginning of the 1st scenario.
Team breakout will be 50% Russian, 25% Canadian, 25% American.
Think Axis and Allies here where the Allies are forced back to core areas until the Americans arrive.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm

are you going to have the private forums like the drug interdiction game?that made for interesting com for the teams
mayhem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:36 pm

If I can learn how to do it. I have a while yet to figure it out. I'm running the idea by the core CVA players this way since they took part in the one I put together earlier this year. Your input is appreciated as well.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Are the 6 flags enough for ya? I can see about hooking up a few more if the need arises.

Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Should be. Only five rigs and two bases. I'm going to mark the rigs with engineers tape and flags. Bases will be marked with bandannas.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chase on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 am

is sprayandpray all ready on a team?

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

Is there anyway we could get there before the game and set up some defensive forts?
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reidc on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 am

If your team wishes to arrive early that is fine with me. Forts will be limited to materials already there. We're not going to cut trees or brush and we will not be dragging trash, that would have to be removed, onto the field.

CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Panzerfaust on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:54 am

Russia does not defend! Russia attacks like bear on a bloody swath cut from the bodies of the enemy wounded being dragged to the rear! For the GLORY of the Sovie.. Russian Federation!

Panzerfaust
CVA Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AceVendetta on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 am

I know, but it'd be good for the americans and canadians. And we could use them after capturing a point.
AceVendetta
Gamble Mercenaries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donknottz on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:47 pm

CVA does not promote "building" anything on fields that are public land. If you haven't been to the field then I will let you know that there is plenty of cover. There really isn't any need for fortifications. Plus if you did build a Canadian bunker it would make capturing it nearly impossible. The location is already a pretty easy to defend spot as was experienced last year. Even if Reid did allow it I would grumble severely because I know it would make for a too well defended position that would be nearly impossible to take with the number of people that should be coming. Use your forces and strategy to defend, not wooden pallets.
Donknottz
CVA Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:Russia does not defend! Russia attacks like bear on a bloody swath cut from the bodies of the enemy wounded being dragged to the rear! For the GLORY of the Sovie.. Russian Federation!

And an american eagle will fly in with it's razor sharp claws for the neck of said bear
mayhem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top